WowTyp - Print HTML pages on windows printer from command line, without user intervenience
What is it
WowTyp let you print HTML pages from command line,
without user intervenience.
Without user intervenience means that while you can
specify the target printer from the command line, there will be no
dialog box asking you for this.
WowType uses the Internet Explorer's engine to
perform its tasks, so you just rely on the IE version installed
in your system.
How does it work
- You can print either a local Web page or a remote one
received via http protocol.
In general, you can ask the program print anything you can type
in IE location bar.
- You can print to any windows printer referenced in Windows
Printers Control panel.
- You can use the program directly from command line or with a
system call from within another program.
Requirements on printing workstation
- Operating system Windows XP (Home/Pro) or newer.
- Installed .NET framework 3.5 or newer.
- Installed Internet Explorer.
- Installed Windows printer.
Program is released under the MIT license, which means
you can use for free for either personal or commercial use.
Copyright is held by INCA Hellas Ltd.
However there is an exception: a small band referencing
WowTyp and INCA Hellas is printed at the end of
If you want this band to be removed, you must "unlock" the program
by obtaining an unlock key.
- Have installed .NET framework 3.5 (or newer).
- Have installed Internet Explorer.
- Have installed a Windows printer.
Download and install INCA
WowTyp -f filename|url [-p printername] [-r [x]]
- -f filename|url: filename or url to print.
- -p printername: printername to use.
- -r x: reset default printer after x seconds; default is "do
not reset"; if -r is specified, x default value is 10 seconds
- -nc: do not close program at end.
WowTyp -f "c:\tmp\my files\file1.htm" -p "Hp LaserJet 1200"