"Seira" Priority Control Systems
What it is
Priority Control Systems
control access by priority,
at points of public attendance, such as Banks, Public Services, etc.
Features - Advantages
- Support, practically, unlimited number of check points.
- Simultaneous management for more than one queue, e.g. COLD MEAT, CHEESE.
- Ability to operate with or without public ticket issuing, e.g. the ticket is provided by the secretariat.
- Ability to operate, even without a button or secretarial control, e.g.
predefined numbering on a court panel.
- Possibility of arbitrary number injection function, e.g. in a court, a sign is kept
and the judge calls the unregister_tick_function whenever he decides on a arbitrary number (out of series).
- Possibility to pre-select a service point.
At a Medical Center other patients go to a ward, e.g. pathological - regardless of
doctor, while others go to
specific doctor of the department, because this doctor is already treating them.
- Continuous recalculation of waiting time.
- Print logo and messages.
- Audible notification.
- Ability to watch the progress on the smartphones of users.
- System usage statistics.
- Quick and easy installation without wiring. Wireless or wired connection for all parts of the system.
- It can be expanded whenever you want.
How it works
Users can use their smartphones in order to:
- Enter the serial number they get with the ticket printed,
and watch when it 's their turn.
The system, in order to help user, prints a QR code at the end of printed ticket, so that the
user can scan and load priority number info directly.
- Get a new priority number, without printing a ticket.
- Register their wishes (as defined by the system), after login.
Several other info and proposals may be connected with specific user based on the login info.
- By loading a web page on the smartphone.
This operation exists complementary το smartphones, for users having difficulty to operate a smartphone,
especially for those they wish to register for extra wishes.
A pen (electronic) can also be used along for handwriting, while the user input will be printed
"as is" on a thermal printer at the service point.
|Floor mount column, 4 queues
||Mini Central unit, wall mount, 2 queues
||Mini Central unit, floor mount
||Kiosk, with both software and hardware buttons
The system provides a variety of statistical statements.
- All required devices are connected via Wi-Fi, or wired (LAN).
- All devices need low power current, either from a mains supply or POE in case of LAN.
- Most devices have the possibility to include a battery, that allow them to operate for a minimum of 1 hour,
without problem. Central processing unit is the most power demanding unit, and needs an extra UPS.
Raspberry Pi 4 or newer (compact unit), 64 GB Storage space, expandable through USB flash
memory or USB external disk, LAN + Wi-Fi connection, low current power consumption.
A Windows or Linux server can also be used, instead.
Display units per service point
10" tablet, Wi-Fi or POE connected.
Central display units
HDMI multimedia screen of various dimensions, either TV or monitor, accompanied by drivers.
Wi-Fi or wired (LAN) connection.
Operator control at service point or secretary
7" tablet, Wi-Fi or POE connected.
A specialized hardware button can also be used, instead.
The cost is generally low and competitive, for the basic capabilities of the system.
But when you compare the special features of the system, such as unlimited scalability in service points,
multiple operating modes, wireless or wired interface, statistics, the ability to provide information
to the public smartphones, and even the indefinite ability to find spare parts (as it is
based on industry standard components), then the cost is really very low compared to
anything else on the market.
ICS Retail Information Systems
Agias Paraskevis 10
Peristeri, Athens, 12132
Tel: +30 210 5778260-3
Fax: +30 210 5754285
For other countries
Please contact INCA Hellas